Quick Facts about SDI
- 1.1 Trillion Spent on SDI over a 5 year period
- The Strategic Defense System was a Missile Defense system that was supposed to be used for shooting down Soviet Missiles or another attacks against the USA or NATO nations.
- It got to costly, Congress stopped funding in the Mid 1980’s
- Space and Earth based laser battle stations
- Required extremely advance systems that did not exist or were not developed yet.
- The Soviet Union crashed in 1991 effectively stopping the effort to continue the Initiative.
- Is the SDI still around today?
This is a video explaining the Strategic Defense Inititive. It is short and informative.
Take a short 3 question quiz on the Strategic Defense Initiative.
(Click on the Image to goto the Google Form)